Whats Should I Consider Between Moderate Plus and Xtra Plus 'Natrelle' Implants?

firstly would just like to say a big thank you for previous responses to my earlier question. considering going from 225 (moderate 'mentor') - 255cc ( natrelle - (change due to rupture). unsure whether to opt for moderate plus or moderate xtra plus. would like breasts to look very slightly fuller in projection ( including upper middle parts, without going wider). im a small frame, with very little breast tissue. my difficulty in decision is that i dont wish my breasts to look unnatural.thank u

Implant choices

+2

The difference between the implants for the same volume is usually a decrease in the base width and more projection as you go from moderate to moderate plus.

Choosing Breast Implant Profile?

+2

I appreciate the fact that you are doing your due diligence and learning a lot about breast implants and breast augmentation. However, at some point, you may find that you are overdoing the research.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your surgeon and then allow him/her to meet your goals as much as possible.  Often it is not clear what profile of implant will work best until the patient is in the operating room and  a temporary sizer has been placed.

I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful during this communication process.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Re-focus on the ultimate goal of your surgery

+1

Hi there-

If it is safe to assume (and I believe it probably is) that your goal is to safely achieve beautiful breasts, the best advice I could give you is to forget all you think you know about breast implants and trust your surgeon.

If you've chosen your surgeon with the appropriate care, he/she should be able to guide you to your goal.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Advice About Choosing Implant Size

+1

Dear Lizzy, Thank you for your question.  Your question is very specific to you and difficult to answer theoretically.  It would be important to examine you, measure the width of your rib cage and to review your goals with you before answering.  If you have selected your plastic surgeon this would be the right person to discuss this with face to face.  Hope you have a great outcome!

Mary Lee Peters, MD