Moderate Plus - Need More Projection

I am 5'10 and 150lbs. I have 1000cc saline moderate plus implants. They are very high with not a lot of projection. I hate them! What is the largest size of high profile i can get? Need more projection without them being so high. Have alot of tissue from weight loss and pregnancy so need a good size implant to not have loose skin. What can i do?

Large size breast implants

+1

from what you are describing it appears that the implant is in a very tight pocket with tight skin. If you do not have a capsular contracture causing this problem, then I must say that your tissues will likely not allow you to obtain any further projection

Moderate Plus vs High Profile saline breast implants

+1

Despite the availability of High Profile saline breast implants, it is unlikely that changing over to HP implants that large will give you the appearance you desire. Implants this large will create more skin distortion and over time will stretch the skin. You may want to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Implant exchange with extra large breast implants

+1

It is difficult to determine what procedure is necessary to achieve the look you want. It would be in your best interest to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with extra large implants to discuss the best and safest possible option for your case. Provide your surgeon with photos when explaining what size and look you are going for. I suggest waiting atleast 4-6 months prior to proceeding with revisionary surgery. Recovery is minimal during an implant exchange procedure. Address all concerns and issues during your consultation and examination. Good luck and take care.

You need a mastopexy, NOT a larger implant

+1

Dear Harrisburg4274,

Of course they look high; they are huge implants, with a big diameter. This is what happens when you put implants that are too large for your (5'10, 150 lbs) body.

Really, it sounds like you are going about solving your problem the wrong way. From the information contained in your question, you are trying to take up excess skin by using a larger implant. I am surprised that your surgeon is on board with this strategy. Your surgeon should be discussing mastopexy to remove extra skin and lift the breasts, along with a more reasonable sized implant. If he/she hasn't discussed this, I suggest you seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Bottom line: Going larger will lead to more disappointment, and worse aesthetic outcomes in the future. You need to consider mastopexy as part of the solution. Good luck.

Best regards,

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC

Lawrence Tong, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

The implants sound as if they are too large for you.  Consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon for replacement witha smnaller gel implant.  You may need a breast lift.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Horizontal columns of water are physically impossible (projection of saline breast implants are limited)

+1

Water does not project at 90 degrees  from the chest especially over time!  It will fall and or ripple. Maximum proejection can only be maintained with a truly cohesive gel implant and the availablity is limited in the US and the maximum size in considerably less than 1000cc.

Not enough projection with breast implants

+1

1000 cc implants are extremely large and will sag over time.  High profile implants will give you more projection, but you need to see an experienced Board-Certified plastic surgeon to discuss with you the limitations of breast implant surgery. 

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants

+1

I think that the high profiles probably come in at 800.  I do not recommend implants of this size and then overfilling them.

You need to get much smaller implants and possible lift

+1

1000 c.c implants are too big and will lose projection with time. You need to get full evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your option(going bigger should not be one of them)

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision options

+1

You need to schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is comfortable with revision surgery and larger implants. 1,000cc is a large implant and larger than any silicone implant you can obtain legally in the US. If you desire your breasts to sit lower, the implants can be carefully lowered but this will not provide more projection.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS