Moderate Vs. High Profile for Fullness with a Natural Look

I am 5'4, 27" ribcage and currently and 32 A. I would like to look fuller with a natural look. I have been recommended high profile silicone gel implants, submuscular, but am afraid that they will look fake. Should I push for the moderate or will the high profiles look better?

+1

If you would prefer the moderate, it is your prerogative to ask for them. However, you must be willing to accept the consequences of diminished projection.

Implant choices

+1

To size you up for implants takes a physcial exam and discussion of your goals. Everyone carries the volume a bit differently and the bras do not always correlate to the volume.  Moderate or moderate plus are based upon the width and projection that you want.

Moderate PLUS breast implants are best for most women.

+1

Hl.

So called moderate profile breast implants are really low profile, they are underfilled, and they can ripple.  So when doing breast augmentation in New York City, we don't use them.

Depending on the diameter of your breasts, either moderate plus or high profile would be good.  We don't make the final decision in advance.  Rather we use sterile disposable implant sizers during surgery to be sure which is best.  Otherwise, it is just an educated guess.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Usually moderate profile but....

+1

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

What one woman feels looks natural another feels does not. I usually use moderate profile implants for those looking to look more natural but much of this depends upon your measurements and what you feel "natural" looks like. Talk about this topic with your surgeon to help make your decision.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

High vs. moderate profile to look natural

+1

I don't think you should have to push or be pushed. 

Perhaps try on the implants in a sizing bra and see what you like best.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

High profile vs. Moderate profile implants

+1

I just answered this question a few minutes ago so here goes again:

That's a loaded question and I will tell you why. If you want to get more projection from the same size implant the base will be narrower. So going from a 475 moderate to a 475 hipro will give you more projection but the implant may look too narrow for your chest wall. Safety is not a concern as they will both require surgery. A lot will depend on your measurements pre op and what size will fit best in your chest. Either way if it is the projection you want you will need Hi profile or at least moderate profile plus implants to get the look you want. I fear that the 575-600 cc mods will make you too wide and give you under the armpit breast. Good luck

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Most natural implant

+1

The most natural implant is one that fits within the width  and height of your native breast and is the least projecting or flatter implant. Whether or not this fits your goal of volume is a different matter. Once you get an idea of the most ideal implant, you can vary the volume by going wider or increasing projecting. Each incremental size will produce a slightly less natural and more "fake" look.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD