Should I Have Gone Mod Plus or HP? I Have a Very Narrow Chest, Was Given Moderate Silicone Implants? (photo)

These are 325 cc silicone silimed and while I feel the job was done well, they appear torpedo like and very wide apart. When I wear a shirt with my push up bras everything is centered. I put on a shirt now and my chest is very wide - boobs on both sides of the shirt. I am 3 days post op so don't know if this is something that will settle or if I should have requested a different profile. Is there anything to do in the healing process to push them closer together?

Should I have gone Mod+ or HP

+2

At 3 days post-op, it's really too soon to worry because your breasts will change and settle up to the next 3-6 months.  Without pre-op photos, it's hard to say much else but  basically, with a first time breast augmentation, your results will be what you started with only larger.  The implants are placed directly behind your nipples so they are centered on the mound of your breast.  Like I said, it's too soon to worry, so try to give it some time, continue with your follow up visits and re-evaluate then.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant profile choice

+1

Hi, You are 3 days out from your procedure and this is too early to evaluate the details that you are asking.  Your cleavage is genetic and only under rare circumstances should it be changed surgically.  Whatever you cleavage was pre operatively by pushing your breasts together, that is what you will have soon after the swelling goes down and the implants drop.  As far as the profile of the implant goes, it seems to me that a moderate implant profile is fine for you.  It gives a very natural appearance and it seems to me that your result is right in line with your post op recovery.  Be patient.  Stay close to your ps and ask direct questions. 

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Should I Have Gone Mod Plus or HP? I Have a Very Narrow Chest, Was Given Moderate Silicone Implants?

+1

First you are ONLY 3 days post operative from the implantation surgery! Allow at least 3 months healing. Second, based upon the series of posted photos ONLY you do not appear "narrow" chested. Thus the choice od implant diameter of moderate might be appropriate. 

Early in the post operative period and too early to judge the results from a breast augmentation

+1

Your breasts appear to be wide apart ant this is not unusual for the early post operative period.  The muscle tends to flatten out the implant.  Given time you breast shape will change. 

Breast Implant Profiles

+1

The diameter or base width of the breasts before surgery is a critical measurement to help in selecting the most appropriate breast implant size and profile. If the patient does not want the post-operative breasts to be too wide and extend well beyond the lateral chest border then the breast implant diameter or base width, implant volume and implant profile must be selected accordingly. The information you have provided is not sufficient to answer your question about implant selection. In addition, you are very early in the post-op phase. Communicate your concerns to your surgeon and follow his/ her post-op instructions. It may be several months before you see the final result.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Widespread appearance of implants

+1

Your breasts appear to be widespread on your chest to start with.  Thus they will always be so.  Moderate plus or high profile implants would likely make the distance between the breasts greater since they are narrower implants.  Ideally, the implant should be centered behind the center of the nipple.  Three days is just way to early to tell what the final result will be. Give it three months and then decide.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? Without preoperative pics it is hard to tell what your shape should look like. If you have a very wide base diameter then the Classic profile might be the best choice particularly if you are happy with the volume. If your sternum is wide or the chest wall at all slanted then the implants will appear more lateral and a larger space in between the breasts. Hang in there. As the swelling goes down I bet you will be very happy with your result. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Should I Have Gone Mod Plus or HP?

+1

Thanks for your question.

Without seeing preop photos, and properly posed post-ops it is hard to offer a useful answer. If you look to the right of the page, you will (probably) see photos with arms at the side (not elevated), showing the entire breasts and shoulders, taken level with the breasts. 

Elevating the arms will push the implants outward, so these photos are really not useful to look at the outcome.

Without seeing preop photos, and knowing the breast width, choice of implant profile would just be a guess. It does look as though the implants are properly centered behind the nipples and areolas, so if the breasts are currently widely separated, it is most likely related to your pre-op breast position.

Please consider posting some before photos. All the best.