How Long Do I Have to Wait Before Resuming my Water Aerobics and Swimming After Breast Reduction Surgery?

I have been really enjoying my water aerobics class and I am really looking forward to returning post surgery. Just wondering how long I am going to have to be out. Thanks!

Resuming exercise after surgery

This is a question for your surgeon. Only he or she knows exactly how extensive your surgery was and how you are healing. So ask you doctor and follow that advice.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

920 Chestnut St
Yuba City, CA 95991

Water aerobics after breast reduction

I usually have patients wait a good 6-8 weeks before they restart vigorous activities. In addition, you want to make sure that you are completely healed before going into the water.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast reduction

I would ask my patients to wait 6 weeks prior to resuming exercise, but each surgeon is different. You need to talk to your surgeon.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

1708 Laurel Street
Columbia, SC 29201

Swimming after breast reduction

I prefer that my patients wait at least two weeks before returning to water activities, especially if it involves being in a public pool.  You may need to wait longer depending on how you are healing.  Follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your specific post-operative activity restrictions.  

Elizabeth Kim, MD

250 N. Robertson Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Water Workouts After Breast Reduction Surgery?

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities. He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and when it will be safe to come into contact with potentially unclean water.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942