Upper Lid Blepharoplasty 15wks Post-op - Should I Address This Scar Sooner Rather Than Later? (photo)

Really pleased w/ Left Lid - scar right in crease & fading well. Right Lid - scar higher on lid, well above crease, doesn't fall in crease at all - very apparent & red. Can't cover w/ makeup - have tried! People actually look at right & say "what happened to your eye? (singular). I tell them I got scratched gardening. Anything I can do NOW to help the final result? (Laser or ?) Hate to wait only to find out, had I acted earlier, would've had better end result. Thank you very much!

Blepharoplasty Scar

+1

Great question!  Even better answer is that it will be fine!  The dermis is quite thin in the eyelid area.  As a result, the scars tend to heal without consequence.  In 15 years, I have not revised a single upper or lower eyelid incision on my patients.

You might consider Cover Blend make up.  The key issue on this is to find a mineral green based pigment that with refract- not cover- the redness of a scar during healing.  I am not sure where to send you in your market, but in Scottsdale AZ, the place to go for help is Dillards.

Otherwise, I generally will recommend sunblock and  massage with a silicone product (dimethicone is proven to help!).  Time will take care of the rest.

Todd Hobgood, MD

toddhobgood.com

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid scar is red after bleph

+1

Just keep being patient.  Don't worry, it will go away.  The very thin eyelid skin is incredible in that you can make incisions and the scar disappears over time.  But, you have to wait for it to mature.  

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Lid Blepharoplasty 15wks Post-op - Should I Address This Scar Sooner Rather Than Later?

+1

Believe it or not this "redness" WILL subside. Best to allow tincture of time to improve this issue///