Better Pictures of 15 Wk Post-op Scarring - Should I Do Something NOW? (photo)

As per earlier question, re: right eye scarring. Here are better pics - the flash was washing out the details. As you can see right eye incision is way higher up lid and not healing well, not in crease and I cannot mask it with makeup - I've really tried. Should I seek some kind of laser treatments or something sooner rather than later? Rather than looking rested, I look like someone with a gash on my right eye. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Really depressed. Thank you!

Eyelid incision should not be tampered with until the normal healing processes are complete.

+1

Leave your incisions alone for the time being. Most the time eyelid incisions are effectively invisible 11 remodeling is complete. You have a way to go.

Upper Eyelid Lift Revision

+1

It appears that the incisions for your upper eyelid lift were not made in the upper lid crease. This causes and abnormal contour to the lid and a spread or thick scar.  It will require scar revision (revision upper blepharoplasty).  Generally, I recommend that revision surgery be performed no earlier than 6 months and usually 9 to 12 months. In your case, I would consider an earlier time point. 

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelids scar revision

+1

It appears that you upper eyelid incision on the right was not placed correctly.  It also appears that this can be corrected with a minor scar revision.  

This requires an actual in person consult to full appreciate what is going on and your options.

+1

You need revisional surgery.  Laser resufacing will not correct what is going on and is only likely to make you worse.  The quality of the photos are still very poor.  It is very important to understand what these eyelid look like when you are looking straight ahead.  In each of these photos you are looking down.  Too much skin was left on the eyelid platform.  This does create the opportunity to clean up the eyelid platform and create a hard crease.  The goal would be to make a sufficiently structured upper eyelid cease that the skin just above the fold will hid when the eyes are open.  This is likely to be the best solution to your situation although perhaps not ideal.