How Many MLs Would I Need Around the Laugh Lines and Lips. I'm 42 Yrs Old, Not to Bad in Wrinkle Department Yet?

Restylane and the Lips

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining you, however, making an appointment with a well-trained and experienced injector (like we have at the Naficy Rejuvenation Center) is the first step toward settling down those lines.

How many MLs of fillers are needed for laugh lines around lips

+1

This is hard to answer without a photo, or better, an in-person consultation. What one person may deem "not that bad" another person may deem "excessive". In general, I would say 1 or 2 1ml syringes are average for those areas.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Without a picture, there's no way to tell.  There are different fillers like Perlane, Juvederm and Restylane.  Some of these fillers are thicker than others, so the amount used will vary based on the filler used.  

Filler for laugh lines and lips

+1

Without a photo, it is difficult to determine how much filler you would require.  Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane are typically used for the lips and most individuals start with a 1 ml syringe.  Laugh lines may require 1 to 2 ml.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

How much filler is needed

+1

As many physicians have previously mentioned, it is impossible to give you an amount of syringes needed without a photograph.  On average, two syringes of Juvederm is a good start.  Even though you are young, everyone's needs are different despite their age; it has more to do with the amount of volume loss and degree of correction needed.  I encourage to you to schedule a consultation and discuss your goals with your provider.  They can give you a correct estimate of syringes needed at that time.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

How much filler does one need?

+1

This is a difficult question to answer especially without a photograph.  It depends upon many factors including how deep your folds are and what your goals are.  As one of the other doctors mentioned with first time patients it's always a good idea to start slow by injecting a little less and have them return for follow up and add more at follow up so both the patient can see the results and your physician can learn how much correction the patient desires.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

How much filler to use for lips

+1

When injecting lines around the lips, unless someone needs a little extra volume I typically will only use one 1.0 cc syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero. I feel that this almost always gives enough correction without the risk of looking "over done". I would rather have my patients return for a second syringe once the swelling has resolved from the first injection if they feel they still need more volume. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife's lips with 1.5 cc's of Restylane as she needed a little extra volume to match her upper lip to the correct size ratio with her lower lip!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How much filler needed for the laugh lines and lips?

+1
The amount of filler needed is very individual depending on the severity of the wrinkles. Average is one to two syringes. You really need a consultation to truly know how much you will need.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers around the mouth

+1

I have placed one syringe for both sides and up to 3-4 depending upon the severity. It really depends upon your needs.

+1

It is impossible to say without seeing photos or meeting you. Based on your description you'll probably require somewhere two syringes of hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon