MiXto Micro Fractional Laser Treatment Vs Ulthera Ultra Sound Treatment?

I'm plannning to have the MiXto laser treatment and just learned about the Ulthera ultra sound treatment. I'm wondering which treatment provides the best results and how long the results last for each of the treatments? I'm 50 and fair-skinned with photo-damage, but I'm also starting to get some laxity in my neck.

Mixto fractional laser vs. Ulthera

+1
The two treatments are very different.   The answer to your question really depends on what your goals are.  If you are looking to improve the texture and complexion of your skin (fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, etc.) then fractional laser will be  better choice.  It sounds like you have a bit of both photodamage and skin laxity.  Fractional laser will also give you some collagen stimulation to help tighten the skin, though it may not be as much as the effects of  Ulthera in the neck area. 

Fractional co2 laser vs. Ulthera

+1

Fractional CO2 laser and Ulthera ultrasound skin tightening treatments are not mutually exclusive. However, for a 50 years old fair-skinned individual with significant sun damage, I would go for Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing first as you will get medical as well as cosmetic benefits. Ulthera or Thermage can be helpful to tighten skin after laser resurfacing is performed.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon