Can Mixto Laser Cause Deeper Acne Scars?

I have had one treatment with Mixto patch areas actually. I want to know if the laser can actually make the situation worse and cause the scars to appear deeper?

Mixto Fractional Laser improves acne scarring

+1

Mixto fractional laser resurfacing works beautifully to help reduce scarring caused by acne. I woold not expect any CO2 treatment to worsen acne scarring when perfomed by a well trained cosmetic Surgeon. This CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser helps to deliver a precise matrix of Microspots that penetrate to the dermis and stimulate the formation of new collagen. At the same time, immediate shrinkage of damaged tissue is achieved.

Compared to traditional skin resurfacing, clients experience less downtime and are more comfortable during the procedure. It is unlikely that anyone procedure will completely smooth the skin from acne scars but my patients have noticed an improvement ranging from 30-60 %.

The Mixto improves pigmentation problems, reduces pore size appearance, wrinkles, acne scars, and other textural irregularities. The laser has an additive effect and many patients will notice greater improvement when they have multiple sessions.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon