Aquaphor Substitute for Post Mixto Laser Care?

I just had Mixto Micro Fractional Laser treatment yesterday. I'm using Aquaphor, but it's very greasy. I'm wondering, how long should I use it, and what other similar products would you recommend post treatment that are not greasy? Someone wrote about Regen de Peau; can I try this now, or should I wait until the peeling has begun or stopped?

Post Op Laser Resurfacing

+2

Congratulations on choosing a terrific treatment, Mixto fractional laser resurfacing. The first few days, it is important to have a good coat of lubricant like Aquaphor on your skin.

I recently performed the procedure on my own wife and she too was hopeful that she could use a "thinner" lubricant on her face. We use ELTA post laser. What I like about this ointment compared to Aquaphor is that it thins out on its own and allows heat from your face to dissipate. My wife even went out tot he store and dinner with this on her face both day 1 and 2. Most others are not that daring.

By the third to Fourth day, she was using a thinner ELTA UV shield. Others I have using pure jojoba oil; this is dependent upon the depth of the treatment and each patent's ability to heal. Speak with the doctor who performed the procedure and ask them when you can change over to the next step in lubrication. By the way my wife's skin looks GREAT and she consistently get compliments!

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser ointments after Mixto laser

+1

There are many different oitments use after CO2 laser resurfacing. Aquaphor, Vasoline, Crisco are a few of the most popular choices. The reality is grease is grease. Hydration of the skin is what is important. The skin gets very tight and swollen after laser resurfacing for the first 3-4 days. It needs water and some sort of grease to keep the skin hydrated. Admittedly this is very messy, but it is worth it , because the final smoothing and tightening can take 3 to 10 years of of how you look.

San Ramon Dermatologist

Aquaphor substitute

+1

I agree with you about the greasiness of the Aquaphor. I often tell my patients to use either it or vaseline ointment in the first 2-3 days post mixto. Although it is not comfortable, it is important to use a bland emollient without much risk of allergic reactions. I would ask your doctor for recommendations of substitutes. But remember, it's only for a few days! I will then switch my patients to a light lotion such as Cerave or Cetaphil.

Oakland Dermatologist