Can Fraxel 1550 Fix Pin Drop Scars Left on Face From Mixto Laser?

I had Mixto Laser done 35days ago & contracted MRSA 2days after procedure(was not given antiviral or antibacterical before procedure)I now have tiny pindrop scars on my face especially around my cheek area(never had acne scars in my life) I had the fraxel 1927 done 5 days ago to smooth& help with pigmentation & I plan on getting vbeam next week for redness & then fraxel 1550 30 days after for scars. Question is are these little pindrop scars permanat or can the fraxel 1550 get rid of them.HELP!!

Fraxel Laser

+1

I would not treat now, and wait for 6 months for healing to occur.  Healing is important, and avoiding treating too soon is important.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Scars and Fraxel

+1
I am not sure what you mean by pin drop scars, but from your description of the treatment, it sounds as if you are on the right track. Vbeam and Fraxel are the best treatments for scars and if done early, often can eradicate them. Best to you. By the way, antibiotics are not standard of care for Mixto laser or other fractional laser procedures. Many studies have shown that the risk of antibiotics is greater than the risk of infection even with more ablative procedures.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon