Mixto Laser Vs Active FX or Deep FX?

Which between Mixto Laser and Active FX or Deep FX is best for for smoothing skin texture from aging, sun-damage, acne scars, and some sagging? If not, is there another, perhaps new laser, that you would recommend for these concerns? I'm 50. thank you!

Fractional CO2 Laser is the New Gold Standard for Laser Resurfacing

+4
Fractional CO2 Laser has become the new gold standard for laser resurfacing for acne scarring, wrinkles, and sun damage. There is not that much difference between the existing Fractional CO2 Lasers (Active Fx, Mixto, Fraxel Repair, etc) and they all perform fairly comparably. The key is to find an experienced physician with a team approach to customize a series of pre-op and post-op care routine to maximize your clinical outcome. Different parameters suchs the depths of laser penetration, density of penetration, energy released, number of passes for particular anatomic region vary for different skin types and different priorities of the patients. Ideally, you should be under the care of a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin type and know exactly what to do in order to prevent and manage complications.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional laser resurfacing technologies vary

+2

While there are differences between fractional CO2 lasers, the laser surgeon's judgment is the most important variable. 

That being said, I think the Mixto laser has some particular advantages over other current fractional CO2 lasers, and is my choice. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

All Fractional lasers can give the same results

+1

In my experience of more than 1600 Microfractional CO2 laser procedures since 2007 Including Mixto CO2, Fraxel Repair (CO2), Dot CO2 and Pixel(CO2), I have found no difference in the results obtained. The Most important factor is the Experience and Skill of the Surgeon. Choose a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with at least 500 CO2 procedures. In my opinion, Nurses or unquallified Physicians shoud not be performing this Surgery

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist