Mixto or Fraxel Laser for Acne Scars and Wrinkles?

I have some acne scars on the side of my face, some fine lines above my lips and the side of my lips, as well as around my eyes. I am interested in getting either the Mixto Laser or Fraxel CO2 Laser. Which one produces better results after one treatment? I have had a few fraxel laser treatments before and felt they helped somewhat with my scarring, but since then, I have gotten some wrinkles that I would like to get rid of, or at least reduce.

Acne scars and lasers

+1

You do not say if the previous Fraxel laser treatments were Re:Store of Re:Pair. I have had good to excellent results with the Fraxel Re:Pair. Occasionally a second session several months later is helpful to get more improvement. No laser completely removes scars and the goal is to make them the least noticeable possible and to make it easier to cover with less makeup. And the Fraxel Re:Pair is excellent for wrinkles. I do not have experience with the Mixto, but I have used most of the CO2 lasers for ablation and I feel that Fraxel offers the best with the safest controls and most dependable results.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel repair or Mixto Laser for Acne Scars

+1

Hi Cyn,

You can get good results on acne scars with both Mixto and Fraxel repair laser. They are both ablative CO2 fractional lasers.

With acne scars, multiple treatments are usually necessary. I am more familiar with Fraxel repair which gives excellent results.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.