Mixto Fractional CO2 Laser for Syringomas?

Has anyone treated syringomas with the Mixto Fractional CO2 laser? Does it work?

Full resurfacing over fractional for Syringomas

+1
Yes, any form of fractional CO2, regardless of branding can decrease the number of syringomas. You may require 3-6 sessions. I remove syringomas on a weekly basis, and will choose the correct tool or rather instrument for the task. 

95% of the time I would still use full resurfacing with erbium laser, followed by CO2 Fractional (I like the CORE CO2 by Syneron-Candela). The depth, and number of passes will depend on your skin type. For example, lighter skin types can be treated more aggressively and safely than darker skin types. 

I also use a tiny bit of BOTOX - maybe 1-2 units in the area to reduce the chance of your eccrine ( sweat glands) recurring, this trick can reduce syringoma recurrence. 

Remember- its never about the brand, its about the skill set of the operator - especially dealing with lesions around the eyes. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Aesthetic and laser dermatologist
Brisbane, and Gold Coast

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fractional laser and hyfrecation for syringomas

+1

I use a combination of hyfrecation and fractional co2 laser for syringomas.  

In particular, the hyfrecation seems to work the best for treatment, followed by an interval co2 laser session. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Syringomas can be treated with CO2 Laser Mixto

+1

Syringomas are very common on the lower eyelid skin. Laser CO2 resurfacing can be used to reduce them. It is important to understand despite treatment they can return. That said my patients are very happy with this Mixto treatment. While the Mixto can be used fractionally for this, traditional resurfacing can be useful to express or remove these lesions. When traditional resurfacing is used this can increase the time it takes for the skin to fully heal. I tailor the treatment to each patient's needs.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon