Is Mixing Coolsculpting and Liposuction too Much?

I am scheduled to have liposuction 1/4/12. I recently had coolsculpting of my midsection on 11/14/11. I would like to have coolsculpting done again on my flanks before my surgery date. Will that be too much done in the area of fat removal for my body in a short time period? Thank you!

Mixing Cool sculpting and Liposuction?

+1

There is no need ( and may be counterproductive)  to have both procedures performed. Liposuction surgery alone will be able to most effectively treat the “problem areas”.

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq and Liposuction

+1

There may be utility to performing CoolSclulpting on one area that does not require liposuction but does harbor a small depot of fat that Zeltiq's CoolSculpting can improve, but I wouldn't suggest having the different procedures done near the same time.  Do the liposuction and allow yourself to heal and see the results, prior to starting treatment on a different area with CoolSculpting. You might be a candidate for liposuction on the other area; have you asked your surgeon about this?

Ronald Shelton, MD

Cool Sculpting and Liposuction Combined??

+1

Any form of liposuction can take 3-6 months to see the final results, so mixing types together is unwise.  You are more likely to have a long term good result with the liposuction done by a single provider.  Don't be swayed by each newly advertised fad.  Find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.  Accept nothing less and trust that skilled person to make your decision with you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Mixing liposuction types

+1
I'm unsure why you are mixing and matching. There should be no reason to have two types of treatments in the same body area. As the results from any of these procedures can take several months to reach a semblance of the final product, you should wait to be able to evaluate what you've achieved from one procedure before trying another.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Coolsculpting and liposuction

+1

Coolsculpting results take a few months to show full effect, so if you are planning on having liposuction in the same area as the coolsculpting, I would recommend waiting.  Liposuction should treat an area effectively enough and with more precision so that you do not need to "pretreat" with coolscupting.

Michelle Spring, MD

Coolsculpting and lipo: pick one or the other

+1

You would not want to have a surgical procedure such as liposuction in the same area where you had coolsculpting for at least a few months, but the question is why do both? If you are going to have lipo any way, just get lipo on all the areas needing contouring so it can be done with precision.

Richard Baxter, MD

CoolSculpting and Liposuction

+1

It can take 2-3 months for the final result of the CoolSculpting to be evident so I likely would not do a liposuction on the treated area for that period of time. If you are having liposuction on an area that CoolSculpting was not done, then I think it is OK to proceed.

Julio Garcia, MD