Can I take Mixed Martial Arts/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes with cheek & chin implants (and/or fillers)?

I recently began receiving facial fillers in my flat cheeks & recessed chin for volumizing, and I am considering implants as a more permanent solution. I am 25 years old. I am planning to start taking Mixed Martial Arts classes (I am not planning on going into competitions). Assuming I allow appropriate healing time, would there be a significant risk of problems if I were to get hit in the face after these surgeries compared to if I didn't get the implants? Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

Facial implants in an MMA fighter

+1
A direct blow to a filler may shift it in the first week.
As for implants. once they have healed, if they are fixed to bone, the implants will probably be ok.
The brain is another matter - repeated head blows cause brain damage.

Can I take Mixed Martial Arts/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes with cheek & chin implants (and

+1
Any repeated injuries to facial structures can have deleterious effects... You need to consider the risk/benefit ratios... 

Implants and Martial Arts

+1
If the implants are secured with screws (and I secure all of them with screws) you should be OK.  I have cheek implants myself and do Karate.  I am happy to look at some pictures.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia
niamtu@niamtu.com

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Can I take Mixed Martial Arts/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes with cheek & chin implants

+1
The answer is, yes, you can take those classes following chin and cheek implants.  I have performed many implants on MMA fighters, Military, etc.  After a month of healing time, the implants are basically solid and I have
not had an issue with movement.