Can I Mix /inject Different Brands of Hyaluronic Fillers in the Same Areas?

i am a new practitioner.can i mix say-teosale-and restylane (or any other similar type of fillers) in the same areas? I had a patient to top up and had run out of one type of filler. Thank you.

Mixing Dermal Fillers in same area

It is possible and quite frequent to layer the same area with different dermal fillers. This technique though should only be performed by an experienced and expert injector.

Can Restylane and Perlane be used Together?

Hi Minden.  As Dr. Shelton points out, it is aommon to use HA fillers in contiguous areas of the face for different applications.  Perlane, which is a thicker and slightly longer filler is often used for the cheeks, while right next door in the nasolabial fold (crease next to nose and mouth), we commonly use Restylane.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Different brands of hyaluronic acid can be injected into the same areas

Different brands of hyaluronic acid can be injected into the same areas. While the amount of cross-kinking may be better suited for a given area of depth, they are compatible with each other.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Mixing hyaluronic acid fillers

You can definitely mix different hyaluronic fillers. In fact, I often will inject Restylane and Perlane in the same treatment session, with great results.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers can be mixed

It is not unusual to use different fillers in the same area. Perlane for deeper and Restylane superficially, or Juvederm UltraPlus deeper and Juvederm Ultra superficially. If however, the class of filler is mixed and there happens to be a reaction, then you may not know which filler it is and that can be confusing for your doctor and you.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Mixing fillers

I often use different fillers over layed in different areas. It is really no problem.  I would avoid the use of silicone.

Ok to mix fillers but be aware of consistency

It is certainly to combine different types or brands of filler.  The thing to be aware of is the consistency or amount of cross-linking.  If you use a filler with more cross-linking, it will have a firmer feel and may cause some concerns on the part of the patient.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mixing fillers

I would say absolutely, especially since for example juvederm and restylane are derived exactly the same and are from the same source.  In fact before coming to the states, Juvederm was the French version of Restylane and made by Q Med.

Dr, Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Mixing fillers is ok

I have run into the same problem, and have used Restylane and Juvederm without issue. However, it is imperative that you inform patients about what you are injecting. They have the last say on what to use. Many patients want a specific filler and will wait for its availability. Barry Resnik, MD, Dermatologist/Cosmetic Surgeon, Miami, FL

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist