Can I Mix Hydroquinone with Tretinoin and Moisturizer?

I have melasma. I want to lighten these spots. My dermatologist gave me 4%hyroquinone gel as well as a tube of 0.025% tretinoin cream. Can I mix these 2 ingredients together and also add a moisturizer and apply to my face and body? At night? How long can this be done for? Should I be applying a moisturizer after I do this? I allready know about triluma but I allready have these ingredients and want to use them up first. Thank you.

Mixing Hydroquinone, RetinA and Moisturizer

+1

As you may or may not know, Triluma is a combination of fluocinolone acetonide (steroid), tretinoin and hydroquinone and which when used daily can help to improve discoloration and skin conditions like melasma. The combination of the three is very effective, but Triluma can be difficult to find and very expensive. So to answer your question, you can mix your hydroquinone and tretinoin with moisturizer and apply it nightly.  You could also just mix the hydroquinone and tretinoin together, apply that  mixture, and then apply your moisturizer over.  Better to apply them at night as tretinoin can be irritating in the sun. Make sure to wear sunscreen as the sun will only continue to worsen the melasma. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/conditions.php?id=19