I Think I Made a Mistake with the Implant Size I Chose, Please Help? (photo)

i am 5'11" 145lbs, ribcage 32' and now my breast size with the implant is 9'. i am 2 weeks post op. i originally thought that 375cc silicone was too large, i opted for 350cc instead. i wanted to go from a 36a to full 36c. my doctor assured me that if i had gone bigger my breast would droop as i had droopy breasts from the start. i think maybe my doc is just saying what he needs to to make me feel better about my decision. i am thinking i should of opted for 400cc, so 50cc more ?

I Think I Made a Mistake with the Implant Size I Chose, Please Help

+1

From the photo this looks like a very nice outcome to my eyes. 

At only two weeks it is too early to know what this will look like once the implants have settled into position--allow 3 months or so. Many women who are very pleased with their outcomes questioned the size choice early on during recovery. 

If at some point you seriously consider a size change, I doubt that you would see a noticeable difference with less than 100 cc of size increase. 

Patience. All the best. 

Implant selection

+1

Implant selection is important to review before surgery.  You seem to have a very nice result in the photos, and I would give them a chance to settle before pushing to have larger implants.

Wrong Size Implants?

+1

Hi, many women question their implant decision post surgery. For some, they wish they had gone smaller, while others wish they were larger. Even with sizers and 3D imaging you can never be sure what to expect until the surgery is complete. You mention that you are only a couple of weeks post-op, so your breast shape and feel will change as your body continues to heal and adjust to the implants. As some others have noted here, from your photo you look like you have an excellent result. I would not stress too much over sizing. Enjoy your new bust line for a couple of years. If at that point you feel you want to make a change you always have the option for revision. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Wrong size?

+1

It looks like you are off to a great result. There's not really much you can do about it now that the surgery is over. Try not to second guess your decisions and be patient.

Ronald Schuster, MD

I Think I Made a Mistake with the Implant Size I Chose, Please Help?

+1

Although your concerns are understandable, you should be aware that ( at this early stage out of breast of breast augmentation surgery), it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. In other words, it is not at all unusual to see patients who are concerned about being “too big” or “too small” soon after breast surgery, only to be very pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

At this point, I would suggest ongoing patience;  give yourself a few months before evaluating the outcome of the procedure performed.

2 weeks is too early to be obsessing about size, and 50cc is too small a difference to be a visible change!

+1

Thanks for including a photo--you look as if you have a nice symmetrical early result. But only you can decide if your final result (and you're at least 6 months from that) is "too small" or "too big." What you have to realize is that if 375cc was "too large" then 350cc is less than 2 tablespoons smaller, a truly undetectable difference over an entire breast. You can probably not even tell a 50cc difference as it takes about 125cc to equal about half a bra cup size, 250cc to equal one bra cup size, and 360cc to equal one can of soda (12 ounces), which corresponds to about 1 1/2 bra cup sizes.

Gravity does indeed work on breasts--the larger they are, the droopier they get (eventually). But, that's why natural teardrop-shaped breasts are the usual result after time, gravity, genetic skin elasticity (or the lack thereof), and a soft feel when hugging someone! That's also why there are cute brassieres! Hard, round, "Baywatch coconuts" are decidedly unnatural, though some women do like the "look." But they feel terrible!

Bottom line: wait first. Then, if you want bigger, you had better consider more than 50cc, as 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon will barely be visibly larger, if at all.

Unfortunately, this should have all been discussed pre-operatively, not now. But now at least you have a reference point. If 350cc is too small, then 400cc will (probably) STILL be too small. Honest! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon