Saline Implant Deflation? (photo)

I am concerned with my right breast. It seems to have gotten smaller over the last 2 years...especially this last year. I have had my saline implants for 4 years and I haven't had problems with them prior. I started as a small B and went to a D (410 cc in left breast 430 in right). I have lost the top cleavage and my breast almost feels like a half filled balloon (very giggly and has ripples at times) it also seems to sag more. Any help is much appreciated as my dr seems to see no problem.

How to deal with saline implant deflation

+2

Most of the time a saline implant deflation is obvious fairly quickly, but there can be a slower volume loss as may be the case with you. The good news is that it is harmless, and the manufacturers licensed to sell implants in the U.S. have a lifetime replacement policy. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon soon however, as the sooner it is replaced the better in terms of your recovery (which should be short). If you can see the same surgeon who put the implants in that is usually best.

Saline deflation

+1

Saline implants will settle down as time goes by. In my experience, the overfill which most surgeons will do at the time of surgery usually equilibrates to the cc volume of the implant.  The fullness of the breasts in the upper pole appears to be a bit less on the right side.  There are many explanations for that other than deflation of the implant.  These include less breast volume and or lower implant position on that  side. 

I would encourage you to return to your original surgeon or seek a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon. If your goal is to return to the early post op size that you have pictured here, it may be that you need to replace the implants.

Douglas Hargrave, M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Smaller Breast after Several Years

+1

The feeling of increased rippling and smaller size does tend to suggest implant rupture.  Have your plastic surgeon examine you.

Deflation?

+1

You  may very well have a deflation of the one implant. I suggest you go to a plastic surgeon to get evaluated.

You may have deflation

+1

The pictures show that both breast are smaller ,but the right side much more. Pictures without bra would have been more helpful. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for implant replacement.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Right breast implant deflation

+1

Your photo definately suggests it is slowly deflating.  This is usually not a tear or hole in the breast implant but most likely tissue ingrowth into the fill valve which can cause a ball valve effect creating a slow leak.  This should be covered under your breast implant warranty.  The standard warranty covers $1200 + implant costs.  If you purchased the additional $100 warranty then you are covered for $2,400 + implant.  Depending on where you live you may go to any qualified Plastic Surgeon to honor the warranty. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Deflated implant?

+1

It looks like it's deflated to me. Your story also sounds like it's partially deflated. You should return to your Plastic Surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD