I'm 5'5", 165 lbs, and 22 yrs old. Am I a good candidate for liposuction? (photos)

Am I a good candidate for liposuction? I am wanting abdomen, hips/flanks, full thigh, and "armpit boob" into the upper arm to blend. I have a consultation with the plastic surgeon who did my breast reduction in 2012 (which I was very happy with, or I wouldn't return) but I want to get several professional opinions if possible. I am 5'5", 165lbs, and 22 years old. I wear a 32 or 14 in jeans. My goal weight would be 140-145, so I'm not far off on goal weight, but I feel my shape is terrible.

Liposuction candidate

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  You look like an acceptable candidate with realistic expectations. 

Body reshaping

+2
You are a candidate for body reshaping.  It is important have consultations and learn about all options.  Clearly explain what your goals are in regards to your abdomen and love handles. Liposuction has a recover period and the need to wear compression garments fro up to 6 weeks.  I personally encourage that for my patients to give them every opportunity for the best results.  There are also technologies like Cool Sculpting which are non-invasive and provide visible change that can be done in the office without incisions and there is no downtime.  You can simply watch a movie or work on your computer while having the procedure done.  The Upper Room in Austin, Texas has two of these devices to treat areas like love handles simultaneously.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Liposuction will help

+1
The important point is to understand that liposuction is a way to removed localized areas of fatty tissue in your body, it's not a way to loose weight, so when you state you want to loose aprox. 20 pounds, you need to understand that with liposuction you will probably loose aprox. 2-3 pounds only, and it will be better to do it on different sessions.
when I see patients like you I usually tell then to continue with a good diet and exercise plan and when ever they get to the best possible weight, then they could do the procedure. If you are at that point, then you need to understand that you will not loose your goal weight.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1
hi, thanks for your query, you are an ideal candidate for liposuction, especially if you are close to your ideal Body Mass Index, have a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise
hope this help
warm regards
Dr Prashant

Prashant Murugkar, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5'5", 165 lbs, and 22 yrs old. Am I a good candidate for liposuction?

+1
         I think liposuction of those areas will produce a very nice improvement.

Liposuction can really make a great improvement .

+1
From the photos, you are a great candidate for serial liposuctions which can really improve your shape dramatically. Plan on getting 3 lipo procedure done to cover all the areas safely. I would break it up into the full abdomen and hips in 1 procedure; the midback, axillae(arm pit areas) and arms in a 2nd lipo; and the inner, outer and front thighs with a little on the buttocks as a 3rd procedure. They can all be done in 1 week such as a Monday, wed. and Friday if done under tumescent local with the smaller micro cannulas for better results. You can be back to work in 2 days and start walking the very next day and back to the gym in 1 week. Cost is roughly $5500 on special for each procedure and easy to undergo. sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Candidate

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate but will need a formal consultation.  Seek a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in contouring and shaping rather than just fat removal.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

+1
Hi and thanks for the question. You are an excellent candidate for liposuction. I would recommend your abdomen, hips and flanks. The contour correction in these areas would be significant. 

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction.

+1
It looks as though the areas in question are covered by skin that is in good condition. I think you should expect a very good result from the procedure.

+1
Based only on the review of the posted hoots you are an acceptable candidate for any form of liposuction. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions...