When do I need to massage my silicone implants? 600cc silicone, under muscle (Photo)

I'm in my first week of healing.. When is it typical to start massaging your implants, so that they do not get hard? Silicone 600 cc Under the muscle

Ask your surgeon

+1
You should follow your surgeon's advice, as massage is not always necessary. I don't recommend it for 99% of my patients. The purpose of breast massage after augmentation exercises is to keep the scar tissue that forms around your implants following surgery as soft and pliable as possible.

Massage

+1
I start at one week also. I like to think of it more as physical therapy than massage. Start training the tissues to relax.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

When to start breast massage following breast augmentation surgery

+1
Every plastic surgeon will have different post operative protocols for breast massage.  I generally start massage after the first week.  

When do I need to massage my silicone implants? 600cc silicone, under muscle

+1
When your surgeon approves of you doing massages... In my practice I wait a week. Others start right away... 

When message implants?

+1
Each Plastic Surgeon has his/her own regimen after breast augmentation. Your post operative movement/messaging questions should only be addressed but your doctor or his/her nursing staff.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant massage

+1
  • since this is your 3rd question that I have recently seen, I expect you are quite anxious.
  • I suggest you not do any massage without advice from your surgeon.
  • S/he is the one to guide you through your recovery. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD