Post-op: Breasts are getting bigger and rising. (photos)

I'm in my sec week since surgery. I feel as if my breast have enlarged more, also like they have risen. I'm only a little sore around the bottom of my breast where to incision was made. I'm still waiting on my breast to even out. I like them more now, but I don't like the side profile yet.... I have possible considered having my nips worked on and made smaller.... Silicone 600c high profile under the muscle

Post augmentation breasts swelling and rising

+1
Thank you for the question.  I hope you get some comfort in the responses being provided.  Based on the information you have provided and the pictures you submitted, you are probably experiencing normal post-operative swelling and that should be resolving in the near future.  However, it will take as long as 6 months for the breasts to settle to their new position.  Being uneven and feeling stretch and high implants are common early on, especially with the size of implants you describe.  There can be other reasons for increasing swelling or unevenness, your plastic surgeon would be able to resolve those concerns.  I think with some patience you will be very pleased with your result.  Regarding the nipples, I also would allow things to settle before determining if their appearance could be enhanced.  All the best.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast are enlarging and rising

+1
The appearance of your implants appears to me to be what we call high riding implants.  This seems to be due to the large size for your body.  In addition, a little capsular contracture may be beginning.  A hematoma or seroma on both sides seems unlikely.  You need to ask your Plastic Surgeon to evaluate you.

Christopher Costanzo MD,  Thousand Oak, CA.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after enlargement

+1
  1. Your swelling appears normal after your surgery,
  2. It takes weeks, at times months, for implants under the muscle to settle,
  3. There is always slight asymmetry between breasts - this is normal,
  4. Your photo does not suggest any collection of fluid or blood,
  5. Your breast swelling may be from hormones from your cycle,
  6. Wait at least 6 weeks or longer before a nipple reduction - your large implants will probably stretch the nipples further. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breasts enlarging

+1
After two weeks, it appears in the photos that there is little bruising and if both are enlarging it is unlikely to be a hematoma on both sides.  It could be a seroma, but again, a seroma or fluid filled pocket on both sides would be uncommon as well.  With that said, if you are in your cycle this could effect the size of both breasts since they are glands and can fluctuate.
Regarding shape: wait for 6-12 weeks and you will see a big change from now until then.  At that time if there are questions ask your plastic surgeon.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1
If your breast are getting larger and firmer then it is possible that you have a seroma or a hematoma.  You may need to be examined by your plastic surgeon to differentiate between normal swelling and a more significant problem. 

Breast augmentation

+1
Based solely on your photos and without having a specific time frame, your breasts look ok and swelling is normal. I always say when in doubt check it out.  Call your doc and see him to be sure.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1
Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. Upon examination you will have reassurance that everything is as it should be. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

??larger??

+1
Although I see nothing alarming in these photos, I don't know if these are all the same day or on different days.

I would hate to offer false reassurance, since increasing size could be a marker of fluid collection, so I would suggest speaking with your surgeon.

All the best.

Swelling or hematoma

+1
Swelling is common after this surgery and can take up to 6 weeks to resolve.  Typically the swelling gets less with time unless the patient is physically active.  Early swelling is 2 weeks with most gone by 6 weeks.  If patients swelling increases or is asymmetrical, I have a increased suspition of a hematoma or blood collection around the implant. The blood clot absorbs water after 1-2 weeks which can cause increased swelling at this time.  An ultrasound can be easily performed to rule this out.  If there is a clot, I recommend to my patients that it be evacuated surgically to reduce the risk of capsular contracture later.

Bigger?

+1
I think you are just noticing the rounding of the breasts that occurs as the implants fall, they will fall faster for you as you have large implants

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC