Mississippi Liposuction Doctor Recommendations

I live in the Jackson, Mississippi area and would like to know of any good Liposuction providers? I'm looking to have the procedure done myself.

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find a list of qualified surgeons. Dr. Peter Arnold and Dr. Phillip Blevins are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find one that best meets your needs.

Mississippi Liposuction doctor recommendations

+1

Dear "Tboot59",

Few comments:

1. You do NOT want a Liposuction "provider". Raise your sights - you are worth it. Ask and see a board certified plastic surgeon.

As you MAY know these days liposuction is "provided" by family practice, gynecology, ear nose and throat, general surgery etc etc IN ADDITION to plastic surgeons. Your BEST bet to get a safe surgeon with experience is to see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

2. Just because a "provider" says he/she specializes in liposuction does not make it the case. Ask to look at their picture book. Ask to speak to former patients. Is the local hospital allowing them to do liposuction in their facilities? (If not - watch out! The hospitals are VERY picky about who they credential. They will not allow anyone with marginal training operate in their facilities because when a suit takes place the hospitals are always blamed).

3. Jackson has a medical school . a Dept. of plastic surgery and a whole bunch of surgeons. My favorite is Dr. John McCraw but you can get the whole list from www.plasticsurgery.org the site of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.

4. It would be down right stupid for you to go to LA or Beverly Hills to be charged 3-8 TIMES more than in your back yard for liposuction.

Good Luck.