Botox for lip enhancement?

A free trial of Botox came with my Natrelle implants. I was thinking of getting it put in my lips. I am young so I am not concerned about wrinkles yet. Is it ok to use in my lips or should I consider using the Botox for another purpose?

Juvederm before Botox for lip enhancement

+2
Botox is not a good idea for lip enhancement, especially in a younger person like you. Botox is typically used for the upper one third of the face, to rejuvenate the eyes and forehead. For you, a good place to try it might be the glabella, where it will reduce/soften the vertical lines in the between the eye brows.  Another nice area is around the eyes, where it can be used to soften the crows feet and give a subtle lift to the lateral eyebrow.

Botox can be used to soften vertical lines around the mouth, but only to a certain degree.

For lip enhancement, Juvederm would be ideal.  If you like that, an implant can give you long term results.

Best wishes, MKB

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX Probably Not Wise for Lips

+1
BOTOX is used to weaken the muscles of the forehead and the area around the eyes (crow's feet). It is not a filler, so it is not used to directly make your lips bigger. Fillers such as hyaluronic acids are used to enlarge the lips. BOTOX can be used in the lip region judiciously in order to reduce lip wrinkling. Occasionally, the lip then appears slightly larger as well because of the weakness of the upper lip muscle after the treatment. It should not be used directly in the lip to enlarge the lip. Discuss this issue with your surgeon or another facial enhancement specialist. Best wishes!

Louis C. Cutolo, Jr., MD, FACS

Botox Not for Lip Enhancement

+1
Botox is best used to relax the lines and wrinkles that develop between the eyes (glabella), the forehead, and around the outside of the eyelids (crow's feet).  It is NOT a treatment for lip enhancement-- this being best treated with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm.  I do use Botox to soften the "smokers lines" around the lips, but I don't think this is a problem with you.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Would Not Recommend Botox for Lips

+1
Botox is not used for lip augmentation; however, there are some injectors who use it in an attempt to soften lines around the mouth. I do this very rarely, because it can lead to undesirable changes in the lips. Botox is best used to relax the muscles in the upper face. If you are looking for lip enhancement, fillers are an excellent option.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is not used for lip augmentation

+1
Botox is not used for lip augmentation. It may be used to rid of vertical wrinkles which are common in aging women and heavy smokers. It may be also used to help rotate the corners of the lips upwards when used correctly. 

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Botox is not meant for Lip Enhancement

+1
Botox can help the fine lines around your lips by decreasing muscle activity but does not add volume to the lip like filler agents such as Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero do.  Lip enhancement is part of a beautiful facial contour.  The lower lip should be about 1-1/2 times as full as the upper lip.  Botox is really a wrinkle reduction agent.  Lips are best rejuvenated by adding volume.  Keep your lips subtle and beautiful, let the fillers do their job. 

Neil Sadick, MD

Botox is not meant for Lip Enhancement

+1
You look gorgeous so forget about the Botox! Maybe you can give it to a friend who needs it.  Botox is not a filler and is not meant for the lip area.  If you want larger lips then the proper injection would be Juvederm or Restylane.  

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox for lip enhancement?

+1
BAD IDEA!!!! You need to ask the surgeon about your wishes BUT I would not use BOTOX in that manner...

Botox is not for lip enhancement

+1
Botox doesn't enhance the lips.  Botox works by weakening muscle activity and by weakening muscles the wrinkles that they cause become less prominent.  Botox doesn't add volume to an area.  If you are thinking about making your lips fuller you should consider a filler.  Restylane and Juvederm are nice fillers for lip augmentation.  They are done in the office and offer immediate results with minimal downtime.  If you want to improve the lines on your forehead or around the eyes use Botox.  But you'll need a filler to make your lips fuller.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the Young

+1
Botox can be used for lip enhancement if you have a problem that is caused by muscle contraction. Botox will relax the muscle. It will not add volume to the lips. You, however, appear to have neither overactive muscles nor lack of fullness. You also do not appear to have overactive muscles elsewhere such as between the eyebrows or in the crow's feet beside the eyes, areas where Botox is frequently used.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon