Misshapen Contours After Laser Liposuction?

If I get laser lipo and gain weight afterward, will my body look out of proportion? A friend of mine mentioned that liposuction can do that. She said it can have weird effects on the body, like abnormal fat deposits in untreated areas. Is this true?

Laser Liposuction

+1

This is a rare event, possible, but not likely in a majority of cases.  We have not seen it at out practice, but have heard of it.  If you are living a healthy lifestyle and eating good foods, there is not much of a chance of that happening.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is utilized to remove unwanted deposits of lcoalized fat in otherwise stable individuals. It is not intended for weight loss. High volume liposuction is generally considered to be 5 liters, which is equivalent to about 10 pounds. It is generally felt that the number of fat cells in your body are determined early in your life cycle. Once these fat cells are removed from an area, it is considered permanent.

Gaining weight after removing the fat from one area will result in the fat being deposited in all the remaining areas. Of course this can be effected by familial , genetic, and individual tendencies. For example, some women claim when they gain weight it all goes to their thighs or their breasts etc. Therefore, it is advisable to consider liposuction once you have obtained a stable and manageable weight.