Misalgined Bite with Invisalign?

I received my first set of aligners for Invisalign Express 5 a week ago. I had terrible discomfort for a few days and by the time the pain finally subdued, I noticed that my bite was a very off when I took them out to eat. I had braces for four years (age 12-16) and I have very little to be corrected besides my request to do some work to fix my overjet. Should my bite, which seemed normal before, be completely off and uncomfortable? I feel like I'm causing more damage than good at this point.

Normal but reassure yourself with your Dentist.

+1

Many times it is entirely normal for your bite to feel completely out of alignment and uncomfortable as you are going through orthodontic tooth movement. Certainly when you start with your first trays of Invisalign, it is not uncommon to feel your bite changing, which might feel awkward and uncomfortable. Give it time. However, since you mentioned being treated with Invisalign Express 5, the degree of your malocclusion must be minimal to be treatable in only 5 aligners. Discuss your discomfort in your bite with your orthodontist so that you can be reassured that it is normal for your situation.

New York Orthodontist

Bite changes

+1

It is not uncommon to feel that your old bite is changed. Your teeth and jaws had gotten use to your bite. The trays are changing both of these elements. Things will feel different. Do not keep trying to find your bite you will just make your teeth sore. In due time you will become comfortable with the bite changes. At the end of treatment you will look great and also feel great. If any questions always talk to your Dr

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

Bite feels off during Invisalign treatment

+1

Don't be alarmed with changes during treatment.  When all is done, you should be pretty close to normal and once you have been out of the aligners for a few months your bite should feel like your own again.

Carlo Biasucci, DDS
Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

Misaligned bite during invisalign

+1

It is very common to have your bite fell off during invisalign treatment.  Once treatment is completed your bite should return to normal.  Good luck and don't be frustrated. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Misaligned Bite with Invisalign

+1

Your bite will feel totally misaligned when you are not wearing your aligners UNTIL the case is complete. Don't give up.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist