Used Mirvaso for 3 days and had rebound flushing: Would doing an excel or fraxel be a good idea to treat or risky?

I am now back to baseline but my nose is still quite red don't want to trigger anything--my skin seemed very inflamed after mirvaso and has finally calmed down--but I'd also like to treat the redness of my noise.

Mirvaso and facial redness

+2
Mirvaso can offer dramatic though temporary improvement in facial redness. I have found that rebound flushing as you experienced is quite common. The Mirvaso has probably not changed your baseline condition and it should still respond well to treatment of the vessels.
Excel V is a good choice to treat facial vessels. However, I prefer the V beam because it seems to be more comfortable and provide more reliable results. Each specifically targets the redness and can dramatically improve your redness.

Boulder Dermatologist

Treatment for Redness

+1
If you are interested in treating redness then the Excel would be the choice over Fraxel, though Fraxel is a good treatment it does not treat redness. In my office I use the Vbeam for Rosacea treatments, best improvement is seen after a series of 3-5 treatments done one month apart. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what the best option for you is.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon