Do I need to remove Mirena to get a Braziliarn Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck?

Hello, I am very interested in having a Brazilian Butt Lift, and Tummy Tuck. Do I have to take my Mirena (The IUD a Small, "T-shaped" device inserted into the uterus to prevent pregnancy) out to have this surgery?

Mirena and BBL

+1
Your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to tell you if it will need to be removed. Under general anesthesia it can increase the risk of blood clots and DVT's so it can be an issue just like any other birth control or hormone therapy.

Thank you for your question and stay safe!

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

BBL and IUD

+1
Aloha, the Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tucks that interest you have no known IUD effects and vice versa.  You will not have to have the IUD removed as a condition for your procedures.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Do I need to remove Mirena to get a Brazilian Butt lift and Tummy tuck?

+1
Hello BigBootyBarbie.

Thank you for question.

You would need to consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, The surgery you are interested has nothing to the with your uterus. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
     Your surgeon should make this decision based upon your overall risk factors for the development of blood clots.