Why Would Miradry Only Last Two Years?

If the sweat glands are destroyed and cannot regenerate, than why do studies show the results only lasting about two years?

I expect permanence

+2

The two year claim is what can be done since that's the longest period for which data is available.  However, I think it will be permanent since we are destroying the sweat glands and they don't regenerate.  We've had 100% satisfaction with our patients - it truly is a remarkable life changing procedure.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry gives lasting relief from under arm sweat

+2

The device does reduce the sweat gland count, so your sweating is much decreased from before.  The clinical trial data goes out to 18 months in canada, and that information was just presented at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery 3 days ago.  Very exciting for sufferers of excessive underarm sweat!  Our patients have been thrilled with their results.  Best, Dr. Jacob

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry Duration

+1

MiraDry destroys the sweat glands with its microwave technology. Sweat glands do not and cannot regenerate once destroyed. The 2 year mark is only because that is how long the data was followed for. It is safe to assume that this procedure should be permanent.

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina Plastic Surgery Associates Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/lasers-and-injectable-procedures/skin-rejuvenation-los-angeles/miradry/

MiraDry and results lasting

+1

MiraDry is the only FDA-approved procedure that offers long-lasting results.  Studies demonstrate that miraDry results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate.  The reason two years is often cited is because the initial studies performed on miraDry only went up to two years, but follow-up results beyond the two-year point are very promising and likely permanent. 

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/miradry.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry is safe, effective, and lasting for excessive underarm sweating

+1

Dear jimninmyun,

miraDry is a safe, effective, and lasting treatment for excessive underarm sweating.

miraDry uses electromagnetic wave energy to heat and destroy sweat glands. Sweat glands, to the best of our knowledge, do not regenerate. As a result, we expect the results from miraDry to be very long lasting, and this is what we have seen so far in clinical practice.

The published studies to date show results up to 2 years because that is the longest followup period currently available. Anecdotally, there are patients who are now more than 3 years past their miraDry treatment, and their results are still lasting.

I have personally treated hundreds of patients using the miraDry system. The results have been excellent, and patient satisfaction has been over 98%. miraDry has been truly a blessing and a life changing treatment for my patients.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

MiraDry - will the results last ?

+1

Data up to 2.5 years in some centers and since they are differentiated cells, not stem cells, once destroyed they should not regenerate from remaining healthy sweat glands - we are not salamanders where we can regenerate a tail after it was cut off - I hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.EliminateSweating.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

MiraDry likely to last much longer than 2 years

+1

miraDry is a relatively newer technology and treated patients have not been followed for many years.  However, I expect, based on histological studies and the way that the technology works, that the results will be longlasting and potentially permanent.

Houston Dermatologist

The results last longer than two years

+1

In studies patients have only been followed up for two years.  These studies show that the results last at least two years.  but histology studies show that a majority of the sweat glands on the areas treated disappear which implies that the results are potentially permanent