How Does MiraDry Compare to Botox Cost Wise?

I understand that MiraDry is suppose to last longer than Botox injections for sweating, but I'm wondering how much it should cost, roughly, for the two necessary treatments?

MiraDry, a New Treatment for Underarm Sweating, is Probably More Cost Effective Than Botox

+2

For hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating), Botox costs about $1,000-$1,500 and typically lasts about six months.

MiraDry is a newer treatment for hyperhidrosis. MiraDry costs about $3,000 and typically lasts one to two years, possibly longer.

It is important to note that the costs of treatment may vary from geographic region to geographic region, and that treatment results may vary from person to person.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

MiraDry vs BOTOX in Australia

+1
Here is my take. Botox for underarm sweating is subsidised by Medicare, with the provision that its done by
a Specialist. Typically patients are only out of pocket 400 plus dollars. 

If Botox last 6-9 months (some patients it lasts upto 12 months), stick with BOTOX as miraDry typically cost over 3500 dollar. Hence it will take you 8 years to recover the treatment cost for miraDry. miraDry treatment, hopefully, over time will come down in price. 

Flipside- if Botox only last 1-3 months, and you end up spending 1200 dollars per year- go the miraDry, because after year 3, you've broken even- PLUS the fact you don't have to anticipate sweating, nor have needles every few months. 

This is my personal view point. Certainly if patients who have relief on Botox want miraDry, get it done. I think both treatments work equally well, its a matter of cost, and the psychology of when will sweating start. 

Dr Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

MiraDry vs. Botox

+1

MiraDry typically cost $3000 for a series of 2 treatments and is said to last 2+ years. However, since this technology destroys the sweat glands and they do not regenerate... it is most likely to be a permanent solution.

Botox on average costs $1100 every 6-9 months for the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina Plastic Surgery Associates Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Hyperhidrosis treatment - miraDry costs less than botox in the long run

+1

Botox injections and miraDry are both out-of-pocket expenses.  Botox will occasionally be approved through insurance with prior-authorization.  We highly recommend miraDry if you're looking at long-term costs (and time).  miraDry is typically $3,000 for two treatments for an average 86% reduction in sweating - the sweat glands are perminently destroyed and will not regenerate.  Botox is typically $1,000 for injections but requires multiple injections each year.  Once the botox wears off, you will begin sweating again.

Kean B. Lawlor, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

MiraDry Summer Special: $2,000

+1

We charge $1,000 for Botox treatments for axillary hyperhydrosis.  The effect of these usually lasts for three to six months. We are currently offering a Summer Special on the miraDry treatment: $2,000 for two treatments spaced three months apart, all-inclusive.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

MiraDry cost versus Botox

+1

Botox costs are variable around the country but miraDry is surely more cost effective but unfortunately, insurance companies don't cover the miraDry procedure but they may cover Botox injections for hyperhidrosis.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox cost vs. MiraDry

+1

Please call our office for further information about the cost of Botox for armpit sweating.  The cost will depend on the number of units used, which is a function of the size of your armpits and degree of sweating.  Botox injections for excessive underarm sweating also has to be repeated after 4-6 months as the results are not permanent.  MiraDry is the only FDA-approved procedure that offers long-lasting results.  Studies demonstrate that miraDry results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate.  Many patients find that the cost of having the two recommended miraDry treatments performed equals approximately 2-3 Botox injections, which would correspond to 12-18 months of reduced sweating.  We offer some of the lowest rates in the New York and New Jersey metropolitan area for miraDry and other cosmetic procedures.  Our cosmetic dermatologists are highly trained in performing the procedure and can perform the procedure in any of our eleven NY/NJ offices.  We typically recommend two miraDry treatments spaced three months apart. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry will be less expensive than botox in the long run

+1

miraDry is about $3000 for two treatments with the potential for very longlasting (even permanent) results.  Botox is $1000-$15000 per treatment, but lasts only 6-9 months.

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

MiraDry cost versus Botox.

+1

We charge $3000 for two treatments.  They are usually spread 3 months apart.  The second treatment builds on the first and together they are highly effective in treating axillary sweating.  Compare this to treating with Botox or other neurotoxins which may run $750 - $1500 / per treatment every 4-6 months depending on the amount of Botox you use and the price of Botox where you get treated.  Also compare this to the surgical treatment of axillary shaving which I provide for $5000 including facility fee and anesthesia.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Miradry is more expensive short term but will save you money long term

+1

botox injections cost about $1000 per vial.  The results however only last six months.  Miradry can last for years after only two sessions.  I offer both treatments in my practice, but if you do the math, miradry is more cost effective over the long run.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD