Minor Touch Up After Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty a couple of months ago and went back to the surgeon the other day for a check up. I explained I wasn't completely happy yet as there is a small bump on the right side and the right nostril is a bit bigger, he agreed with me and said that he could fix it free of charge as a very minor touch up.

He said he is gonna fit me in and get back to me. I want it fixed I'm just scared as I thought you had to wait 6 months before having anything done but he said this is only very minor and will be fine. It looks good otherwise?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The general consensus among rhinoplasty specialists is that a patient wait for 12 months before proceeding with any revision.The reason for this is that it can take 12 months (or longer) for the majority of the post-operative swelling to subside and for scar tissue to mature. However, this one year time-period is somewhat arbitrary and in certain situations, surgery may be performed a little bit earlier.

This must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and depends on the severity of the deformity and the amount of residual swelling present in the nose.

Speak with your surgeon about your concerns regarding the timing. If you do not feel comfortable with the surgeon who performed your first surgery, you should seek the advice of a rhinoplasty specialist who has expertise in secondary (revision) rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

You did select the surgeon and are basically satisfied. You describe a "small" bump and the right nostril is a "bit" bigger. Why stop trusting the surgeon? I would choose to wait longer, especially with minor irregularities that are probably barely visible, but I see no harm in proceding. For peace of mind you could get a second opinion.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is generally the surgeon's goal to have a satisfied patient. When possible, we all strive to accomplish this. However, it is not always possible.

If the surgeon is willing to perform the procedure, there must be some degree of confidence that they will be able to achieve the improvement.

If you have any questions, you could always obtain a second opinion.

It is otherwise impossible to give you a second opinion without knowing more about your original nose, the surgery, and your current condition.