Minor Rhinoplasty. Small Hump On Left Side And Want To Remove it? (photo)

i am a young male and I am thinking of having a minor rihnoplasty. there is a small hump on the left side of my nose and i would like to remove it. The plastic surgeon i found could perform this surgery under local anesthesia with closed rihnoplasty. the reason i am worried is because this doctor is a maxillofacia surgeon doing facial feminization surgery to transwomen. Is it a good idea or should i find a doctor specialized on rihnoplasties. His name for more details is Dr Bart van de Ven

Small Dorsal Hump Removal

+1

Dear Febrero,

Thank you for sharing the photographs but without different angles of your nose and physical examination, it is a little hard to give a solid opinion about what could best fit your case.

Nonetheless, I encourage you to seek consultation with board certified surgeons of extensive experience in Rhinoplasty as they can provide you with the best advise and the the best results as well.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Minor Rhinoplasty

+1

I would be cautious about someone who wants to do this type of surgery under local. There is usually a bit of bleeding which can run down the back of your throat and cause some problems to the unprepared surgeon. Also, sometimes even "minor" changes can require sophisticated steps in fixing them. In contrast to the previous respondent, and in all due respect, a talented rhinoplasty surgeon can be Board Certified in either Otololarygology (Facial Plastic Surgery) or Plastic Surgery (true Plastic Surgeons). Although experience matters, quantity of cases does not necessarily result in quality.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rhinoplasty - Small Bump

+1

Although this is not a true profile photo I understand your concern. You need to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic surgeon. We perform more rhinoplasties than a general plastic surgeon. Be sure to look at before and after photos of the surgeon you consult with. You will then have a good idea if you will be please with the end result. This should be a pretty straight forward case.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
You need to seek a surgeon who does a lot of Rhinoplasty surgery. While there are many different specialities it is expertise that is most important. I would look at the before and after photographs from your surgeon and see if they are all to feminized for your preference and make sure you are on the same page of what you find aesthetically pleasing! A good digital imaging computer during analysis can help you determine the surgeons proposed result. Yes it can be done under local anesthesia. I would make sure the surgical facility is fully accredited to further insure your safety. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Deciding on rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

Although it is hard to get a comprehensive idea of your nose from the one photo there does seems to be an area of potential improvement.  The correction of the nose issue you mention could be done open or close.  Quite honestly it would not make much of a difference which type of rhinoplasty is used as much as the proper diagnosis and expert execution.  Make sure you choose someone who is properly trained, who performs that type of surgery regularly, and who can show you excellent and consistent results from his/her prior patients.  Your nose cannot be easily hidden and you will not want to risk a result that you will be dissatisfied with.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Limited Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1

A picture of the front of your nose and a true profile view would be helpful because frequently a unilateral bony hump demonstrated with this 3/4 view is associated with a wide dorsum. You want an experienced rhinoplasty expert whether or not he is a maxillofacial surgeon and does facial feminization work. This surgery can be done with a closed procedure under local anesthesia.