Minor Rhinoplasty to Fix Bump from Accident?

My nose looks different from different angles. When I turn to the left (1st picture), there is a bump at the top and my nose is curved. When I turn to the right (3rd picture) it looks nice and straight. Looking straight on, it goes off towards my right eye and isn't centered.

When I was much younger, I banged my nose causing it to bleed significantly. I believe this caused the bump you can see in the first picture. The bump itself is on the side of the nose which is why the appearance is different from each side.

Minor Rhinoplasty

+1

Whether your nasal appearance is secondary to your genes or the trauma, a rhinoplasty will be necessary to improve the appearance and function. I would not describe the surgery as "minor", but after 35 years I would say it is reliable and predictable. I encourage you to schedule consultations so you can make an educated decision.

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

The reason the nose looks different from different angles is that there is asymmetry along the nasal dorsal aesthetic line and the bridge. The nose is crooked. When the nose is crooked, it always has a high side and a low side, and this is the asymmetry that is seen from a three-quarter profile. This can all be addressed through a rhinoplasty procedure whereby the nasal pyramid is realigned, the asymmetrical bump is removed to give the bridge a more symmetrical look. It is usually done under general anesthesia, along with osteotomies and removal of the dorsal hump.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Minor rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible to fix your issue. Your hump was likely caused from the trauma described. It is difficult to determine exactly what your needs are without seeing additional photos and/or performing an examination. If you wish, you may send any additional closer photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Rhinoplasty (nose job) for broken and crooked nose

+1

Although this is a relatively common complaint of patients seeking rhinoplasty, I would not necessarily call it minor. Seek the evaluation of an experienced and qualified physician to discuss your options and you will likely be pleased with the outcome of surgery.

Well done Rhinoplasty surgery can straighten your nose, and remove a bump.

+1

You appear to have a relatively straightforward condition that could be improved by Rhinoplasty Surgery. The curvature of your bridge, and the bump on your bridge can be significantly improved.

You should consult several experienced Rhinoplasty specialists with many photos before you proceed.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to correct a crooked nose

+1

It appears from your pictures that you have what is referred to as a traumatic c shaped deformity of your nose if it occurred from trauma. Otherwise, it is still a crooked nose. In either case a rhinoplasty can be done to straighten your nose. Most likely there is a component of the septum that is also displacing the nose toward that side and you would need a septorhinoplasty to maximally straighten your nose and file down the hump deformity. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Routine rhinoplasty can fix a bump on the nose.

+1

You need a rhinoplasty to remove the bump and straighten any deviated part that blocks your airway. All surgery carries some risk, but in more than 30 years of doing rhinoplasty this is a very safe surgery. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and make sure you like the type of noses he does.

Minor bumps are realtively simple to fix

+1

Dear La2010,

Your dead on in noticing that in front view your nose is twisted to the right; very likely you broke your nose when you were younger. The resulting bump itself is relatively simple to fix, but the more important issue is correcting the front view, where your nose is twisted to the right. Believe it or not, a crooked or twisted nose can often be one of the more difficult things to get back to completely straight. SO in seeing doctors make sure that you go over all that you want corrected.

On a final note, you may find that you have a deviated septum or breathing problems that your surgeon finds that you were not aware of. We often find that when people have had a crooked nose since childhood, they are totally unaware how much of an effect it has had on their breathing, simply because it's all they have ever known.

The point is make sure you go over all of this so you can have surgery that addresses your concerns the first time.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.