Will A Minor Rhinoplasty Sufficiently Help My Nose? (photo)

I noticed that my nose was crooked after hitting it very hard by accident a few years ago. I didn't suspect that it broke so I didn't get it checked. Now I am considering to get it fixed. I feel like a minor reshaping of the nasal bridge is all I need to greatly improve the problem. The only thing I am looking for is to have the bridge decently straightened so that both the 3/4 views are essentially the same and so that the nose is more symmetrical head on. I don't want the profile changed.

Will rhinoplasty help my nose?

+1

In general, straightening a crooked nose is a very difficult procedure and requires the skill of a specialist. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to make a subtle change to your nose that will improve the appearance. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to assess your needs and provide you with recommendations. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose

+1

Yes, the bridge alone can be straightened with a rhinoplasty procedure. However, resetting of the nasal bones is not a "minor" procedure, and usually requires sedation and proper anesthesia in order to make sure the desired results have the best chance of being achieved.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will A Minor Rhinoplasty Sufficiently Help My Nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for 25 years and IMHO, no...a minor Rhinoplasty technique would not address the nasal issues appropriately.  From the photos provided, your nose has undergone nasal bone and possibly cartilage fractures resulting in a C-shaped deformity.  The nasal septum may also be deviated, to one side, causing a decreased nasal airway.  A complete  Closed Rhinoplasty would be required with fracturing of the nasal bones and a possible septoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty for broken nose

+1

It is certainly feasible to have  your nose straightened while maintaining the same  side profile. Osteotomies will be required to narrow and straighten the crooked bridgeline and will most likely require a spreader graft on the patient's concave right side. At the time of the procedure its also important to make sure the 3/4  profiles and side profiles are the same, and the nasal bridge is symmetrical. Please see the  link below for noses similar to your own that we have straightened in our own practice

Straightening the deviated nose

+1

While straightening your dorsum (bridge) may seem like a "minor" procedure, it actually takes a lot of work to straighten a deviated nose.  A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to straighten your frontal and 3/4 views without drastically altering your profile.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the broken nose can be done to only straighten the nose and reduce asymmetries without doing other cosmetic parts of a rhinoplasty.

Crooked nose needs help

+1

It is possible to get your nose straightened.  The first thing that has to be evaluated is the septum.  Many times when you have a crooked nose like this you also have a crooked septum that has to be straightened.  The straight septum will help the nose to be straight.  After the septum is straight then the other nose parts such as the bone and cartilage can be straightened.  These changes might not be considered minor but it is worth getting it done right.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose after Trauma

+1

A rhinoplasty specialist will work with you to decide what changes you want to make. You can limit what is done - all rhinoplasty surgery should be individualized. Over the past 35 years I've never done 2 noses exactly the same.

Crooked nose after injury

+1

Thanks for the photos. Yes I think the nose can be made more straight on the front and 3/4 views and this would make your nose less noticeable.Do you have any dificulty breathing. Often a crooked nose has a crooked septum? Both can be repaired together . 

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minor Rhinoplasty after Trauma

+1

Straightening of the bones to produce a more streamlined look is definitely achievable.  This can be done through a closed approach.