Minor revision to deal with residual tissue on the nasal bridge? (photo)

8 weeks after my rhinoplasty a bump started appearing on the nasal bridge. According to my surgeon this is probably a bone fragment, which he could fix by simply grating it away. 1. Why is the bone fragment still there? 2. Can the bump become more prominent? (It feels like it's growing.) 3. How long do I have to wait for the revision? 4. How long is the healing process? 5. Possible complications? (Grate away too much bone? Bone growing back? Scar tissue? Permanent bruising of the skin? ...)

Rhinoplasty surgery can require revision

+1
Some minor bony abnormalities can occur that affect the result. Depending on the nature of the problem, it may be bone, soft tissue or cartilage. Various methods may be used to improve this problem. This is best reviewed with your surgeon.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Bump

+1

As others have stated, it is always best to wait since you are so early after surgery. Most would say to wait 6 months but in your case I think if it was still persistent at 5 to 6 months something could be done. The nose takes a long time to heal but it is mostly the tip that takes the longest (12 months). The dorsum is different since the skin here does not hold the swelling like the tip. If it persisted, the correction is a very simple procedure. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Small Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

Minor revisions, if needed, are usually done 6 months to a year after Rhinoplasty. Discuss this with your surgeon, as he may only have to shave down the hump in an office procedure.

Minor revision to deal with residual tissue on the nasal bridge?

+1

Make sure you are at least 6 months if not 1 year after surgery before contemplating revision.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Small bump after rhinoplasty

+1

I see the small bump that your are referring to. As the swelling comes down, an minor imperfection can sometimes be see. This happens sometimes and can be easily corrected. It does not grow. I would wait at least 10-12 months before correcting it. This should be easy and you should not worry.

Web reference: http://drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon