Can Minor Nausal Trauma Cause the Nose to Be Wider on the Bridge and Make a Hump Worse? (photo)

I hit my nose (frontally) around two weeks ago, I never thought it could be broken, so I only went to the doctor after the swelling disappeared and I could see that my nose did not look exactly the same. I was told that there was no crepitation and aquick clinical examination revealed everything seemed fine. But I still see my nose different, the bridge looks really wid and the hump I had before looks much wordse. What are the probabilities that it would stay like that?

Can Minor Nausal Trauma Cause the Nose to Be Wider on the Bridge and Make a Hump Worse?

+1

The swelling may take several weeks to months to completely resolve.

Nose trauma, wide bridge, nose hump correction

+1

Hello Vicky,

Yes, sometimes even a minor trauma in specific part of the nose can create siginificant d

deformity. This could be corrected with a surgical repair.

I would recommend that you would be seen by a nose specialist with passion for rhinoplasty.

Dr Sajjadian

DrSajjadian.com

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS