Minor Fluid Build-up 2 Months After Breast Tissue Excision, How Long Should this Last

I had excision of a fairly large amount of breast tissue. Everything went well, except that now, 2 months later, I am having minor fluid build-up on my right side (none on left). It's minor and barely noticeable, but there. I've had it removed by my doctor, and I am currently wearing a compression suit with gauze for extra padding. I was wondering if fluid build up this far in is normal, and how long it will persist. Will it remain permanently?

Potentially a seroma - consult a doctor for proper treatment

+1

Depending on the size of collection, a seroma (fluid collection) may go away by itself or may need to be drained several times. Most often these do resolve on their own. The collection may have been there all along but not noticed until recently. It is not typical for a new seroma to form out of the blue. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon to see if it needs to be drained or to wait to see if it resolves on its own. 

Fluid buildup? Seroma?

+1

It sounds like form your description that yo have developed a seroma. These often are treated with serial aspiration, and they usually go away.