Minor Chin Implant Shift - 6 Years Post-Op

I have been experiencing paresthesia and minor visual asymmetry since my silastic chin implant shifted about ten weeks ago. What options do I have to improve my condition at this point? Can the implant be replaced? My surgeon recommended removing the implant, but ideally I would just like to have it fixed back in the proper position. Is this possible? Is it a straightforward procedure or does it involve significant risk? Would sliding genioplasty be a good choice?

Chin implant rotation or displacement

Sliding genioplasty is often the treatment of choice following implant removal. The other alternative is an implant which is smaller laterally and is fixed to the bone such as a medpor implant.

Chin implant

There is a reason your surgeon is recommending the removal of chin implant.Have another opinion and follow the advise of your surgeon. There should be a good reason for his/her advise