Waist Measurement 4 Inches Bigger Than Before Mommy Makeover? (photo)

I know it's only been 12 days since my surgery, but I was amazed to find I am 4 inches bigger in the waist (29 to 33), and 2 in the hip (39 to 41) I don't fit in any of my clothes from before and I have to be back to work in a couple of days. I am seeing my PS tomorrow to have my stitches removed and I will ask him as well, but when will I see some improvement?? I limit my salt intake, and drink 15+ glasses of water. I had a BA, TT with lipo of the upper stomach, flanks, and inner thighs.

Swelling versus seroma

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Swelling after the procedures you have had can be a lengthy process.  You would want to make sure that a seroma or collection of healing fluid is not present.  Also, if you are not wearing an abdominal binder or a compression garment I would do so consistently as this will help.

Dr Remus Repta 

Bigger After Then Before Tummy Tuck ?

+1

Thank you for the pictures and the question. It is not uncommon for patients to notice an increase in their size or even their weight post operatively. You are very early out from surgery. in the first 3 months the wound is in the inflammatory phase of wound healing. There is significant swelling and scarring taking place in the operative site. The swelling will not last for a full 3 months, it will begin to improve with time and usually by 4 to 6 weeks a noticeable change can be seen. Your photos look good.

Be patient, see your plastic surgeon. Things will improve over time. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

4 inches bigger after tummy tuck

+1

The problem is you just can't tell 12 days after tummy tuck. Things are sore and swollen. We suggest you stay in the binder two weeks and transition after into a body shaper such as a Spanx, and in time things should sort themselves out.

Waist Measurement 4 Inches Bigger Than Before Mommy Makeover?

+1

It is not uncommon for patients after TT and or liposuction to come back a week after surgery, larger than they were before surgery. Usually by 4 weeks they are back in their pre-op clothes, and improvement continues for several months. 

All looks well in the photos. Have some patience, and enjoy a nice result.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.