Minnesota Neck Lift or Neck Lipo Recommendation?

I am a 45 yr old woman beginning to see a genetic tendency to the classic sagging neck. Would be very appreciative of a recommendation to a surgeon specializing in this surgery in MN or Chicago. Thank you!

Neck Lift in Minnesota

+1

There are several great surgeons in the Twin Cities that do this surgery.  The best place to start is to come in for a free consultation and then ask for a list of physicians for a second opinion.  Once you have two or three, the decision will make itself.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs necklift

+1

There is no way to determine what surgery you should have without examining you in person.  I would recommend finding a Plastic Surgeon with experience in necklifts/facelifts.  Sometimes it's helpful to look at before/after photos to get an idea of a surgeon's work.  In the end, there are likely to be many qualified surgeons - like any relationship, you need to pick one that you really feel comfortable with.  

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Neck lift

+1

If you just have fullness with minimal sagging skin, you could have a SmartLipo or SlimLipo procedure./ If you already have excess skin, then you would probably benefit from a removal of this skin as well as the liposuction. Watch my video!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Necklift in Minnesota

+1

A neck lift is a good option for treating neck fat, loose skin,a nd muscle bands.  There are many good plastic surgeons in Minnesota. You can find a board certified plastic surgeon on the ASPS or ASAPS  website online for your area.

See a specialist

+1
As a double board certified facial plastic surgeon, necklifts and neck liposuction are my specialties. Depending on your specific anatomy and the degree of laxity, I would recommend an in office liposuction procedure, an in office necklift with or without liposuction, or a more advanced deep plane facelift with platysmaplasty that is performed in the operating suite. Ultimately, the best procedure for you depends upon your goals, expectations, available downtime, and your specific anatomy. All facial plastic procedures must be customized to meet the patient's expectations and maximize their result. If you have very early signs of aging, you may even be a candidate for the Ultherapy procedure that uses ultrasound to tighten the deeper tissue of the face which causes lifting of the facial structures. We are one of the few facilities in the country that were selected for the companies phase one release, and we now have over a year of experience using this exciting, revolutionary device.

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift and neck lift By Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree with my colleagues about visiting with a plastic surgeon. Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Additionally, do not use the cost of consultation to decide who you see. Experienced Plastic surgeons usually will charge a consultation fee. It is worth it. You get what you pay for! A  consultation should be an educational experience and not a pressure sale. Good luck

Stanley Okoro, MD

Facelifting is best done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are many excellent surgeons in your area.  Just be sure to pick a board certified plastic surgeon who canny discuss all of your options.

If you prefer to go to Minnesota, Dr. Paul Petty, Dr. Uldis Bite, and Dr. Ricky Clay at the Mayo Clinic do excellent work.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Neck sagging

+1

You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon if you need a lift. Either a plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon can perform neck liposuction but this may not be enough for you if redundant skin needs to be removed.  Sometimes patients don't want to undergo surgery and would elect to improve their condition with noninvasive procedures understanding that they wouldn't get as good a result compared with the surgical outcome. Botox can temporarily improve the platysma muscle on the neck for some people, and Thermage radiofrequency can help tighten the skin to some extent. It sounds that you would consider surgery so you should start by seeing a plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Minnesota Neck Lift or Neck Lipo Recommendation

+1

Right here on REAL SELF is Dr Otto Placik, in Chi town. Go see him. From MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski

Sagging neck skin.

+1

Liposuction is not for this problem. A facelift is what you need to remove the excess skin. See an experienced facelift surgeon in either place whose work you think is natural looking.