Being overweight/obese, what should I look for/seek in having an abdominoplasty done for strictly medical reasons?

Prior to our 2nd baby I was an internationally competitive/elite lifter. While pregnant, my abs spread approx. 5" which makes lifting/getting to the gym impossible because of it being symptomatic. Doc assured there isn't a full hernia but at a very high risk of developing one. I'm overweight (~300lbs.), not really interested in the procedure for the "tummy tuck" aspect, but the get my kiester SAFELY back into the gym/get healthy again aspect. Where do I start in finding a PS for the job?

When to have tummy tuck?

I think that if you weight 300lbs you need to focus on losing weight with a weight loss specialist or a bariatric surgeon or both first.