Minnesota Mid Facelift Doctor Recommendations

I am 30 years old and have noticed that my malar bags are becoming more prominent. They are not festoons but look more like malar mounds. I never had surgery and I've started to do my research on it recently. Could you recommend me doctors from MN who can do the procedure?

These are very difficult to improve.

+2

See an experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon in your area. Make sure you see problems like yours in before/after photos. You will have more swelling than when a blepharoplasty is done.

No great answers for malar bags or mounds

+2

Unfortunately there is no good consistent way to improve malar bags or mounds, even with extensive surgery.

Sometimes the best solution is a mild diuretic and some advoiding salty foods.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

You have to do this homework yourself

+2

Sara:

You need to gather what information you can about the doctors in your town and then get recommendations from your friends and perhaps attend some seminars they may provide. Websites can make dangerous doctors look very good.

You need to meet these doctors and ask if their personality matches yours. Does their presentation appeal to you? Do they show you their bad results and tell you how it was rectified? Do they have a revision policy in case things don't turn out how you expects? Does your doctors expectations match yours? If anyone makes a promise to you, get it in writing.

The bottom line is that you have to feel comfortable with your doctor and have the confidence they will deliver what you desire. Steer clear if you are having any difficulties communicating your desires to him/her.

Best wishes in finding someone who can deliver what you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

The ASPS website would be a starting point to find qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Jennifer Harrington and Dr. George Peltier in Minneapolis may be possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS