Feeling Like I'm Taking 2 Steps Back Rather Than Forward. More So I Am Seeing Any Benefit from Lipo? (photo)

6 Weeks PO on 12/31 and I'm 5"2. Was 125 PO and jumping between 121-125 in last few weeks. Feel like I still have a lot of fat in flanks and thighs where I had my lipo done. I don't got back to see my PS until end of January/beginning of Feb. It's an hour and half drive for me..so thought I would post a few pics on here to get some advise before I head to see him. I know we are all our own self critics..but I'm just looking for some advise.

Post -Op Results From Abdominoplasty and Liposuction

+1

While pictures are not the best method of evaluation  you should consider posting pre-operative pictures for a point of reference. You are early on in your post-operative course and can expect your results to be hidden by the inflammatory process. I typically tell my patients that it will take approximately 6 months to see their final results. From the pictures provided the results look good thus far.

Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and make sure to voice your concerns during the visit. They may suggest to wear a compression garment and limit your salt intake, but again be sure to check with your surgeon.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Was liposuction done?

+1

Hello and thanks for your questions and photos.  For liposculpting that you have more than likely gone through, the true results won't be seen very quickly, as the amount of fat removed is masked by the local swelling in the area.  Without seeing pre-operative photos, it is even harder to say minmal was done.  I would discuss with your PS at your next visit and look at the pre-operative photographs for comparison.  That way your mind can be assured of the results either way.  I hope this helps.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Benefit from liposuction?

+1

While it is great to see photos, it's hard to tell if there are preop and postop photos, and was the tummy tuck done at the same time as the liposuction? It is always best to speak directly with your treating surgeon to see what he/she thinks, and also to check on the best measures you can follow to get the best outcome. Are you massaging the areas treated? Wearing a girdle? Exercising yet? Only your treating surgeon can properly address the best steps you can take to achieve your best results. It is well worth an earlier trip back or discussion by phone before your next appointment. Hope this helps!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Feeling Like I'm Taking 2 Steps Back Rather Than Forward. More So I Am Seeing Any Benefit from Lipo?

+1

Hard to advise over the internet. How manes cc's were removed?? What type of liposuction was done? My guess is your result is a minimal one. 

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can take more than 2 months to show full results. sometimes the treated areas continue to get better for up to a yr. its probably best you consult with your PS if u need a touch up after youve healed

Misbah Khan, MD

Fluctuations in contour after liposuction

+1
Just as your weight is fluctuating, you will look better on some days than on others. It will take several more months for this to resolve. Certainly, if you retain water for any reason, such as eating salty foods, you can expect to see a change. I would also encourage you to wear a light compression garment if you find that this helps. Happy New Year!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Recovery following tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

At just six weeks following a tummy tuck and liposuction, it is still common to have swelling, such as you are experiencing.  Further, the reduction in swelling may not be linear, and therefore, may vary from day to day.  The fact that your weight has been fluctuating between 121-125 lbs. is consistent with the post operative swelling.  Don't worry though, this should gradually improve over the next few months.  Wearing a compression garment, watching your fluid and salt intake and staying on a sensible diet and exercise program will all help speed your recovery.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction does work for areas of fat around the hips and thighs

+1

Your short term result looks very good.  I hope you wore your supportive garments and continue to do so.  This helps limit swelling while the skin tightens.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Swollen at 6 weeks after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

I think you still have significant swelling in your hips and abdomenCombining liposuction and tummy tuck creates more swelling than tummy tuck alone.  Make your decision about how the surgery looks after 6 months.  A frontal view would help, but the result looks good at this time.

Swelliing after liposuction

+1

First, you probably are still swollen. Second you had excess skin that required a tummy tuck, you may have excess skin in the hip region as well.