What Do They Look for or Do for Medical Clearance Before a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am curious as to what my family doctor will need to do in order to clear me for this surgery. Is it common that patients get turned away after going through a physical? What are the main things they look for during the physical?

What is required of my physician to clear me for the BBL>

+1

Whenever a  patient is about to undergo a procedure under heavy sedation and/or general anesthesia and there is an underlying medical condition such as high nlood pressure, hear disease or diabetes or a history of blood clots, medical clearance is requested. To clear the patient medically the physician will perform different blood tests, EKG and X-rays where indicated in order to be certain that the patent's condition is stable and well controlled. The clearnce is sought so as to minimize medical complications following surgery. If the physician feels that the patient's condition is not well controlled the surgery may be postponed or outright cancelled.

Clearance before Buttock Augmentation

+1

Every practice is different in their protocols on pre-operative testing. As a general rule, it is best to have a basic EKG of the heart if you have any history of heart problems, chest pain or high blood pressure. It is also recommended to have blood work drawn if you have a history of anemia or family history of a blood clotting disorder. It is EXTREMEMLY important that you discuss all medical history and family history with your plastic surgeon before having any type of surgery.

Leo Lapuerta, MD