What procedure could I get to reduce the size of my forehead and where could I get it done?

I have a naturally high hairline that looks disproportionate to the rest of my face. I want to have my hairline lowered and my brows raised.

Doctor Answers 3

Hairline lowering and facial feminization. .

Hairline lowering and facial feminization. If the scalp is mobile it is a simple operation done with an Irregular Trichophytic Incision. If the scalp is tight I use a tissue expander. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Forehead reduction

In order to do a forehead reduction,. an incision is made at the hairline and the scalp is undermined and brought forward.

Steven Wallach, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

HIgh forehead

You can have a forehead shortening surgery to improve the appearance of your forehead.  This is usually done with an incision at the hairline.  Dissection is done over the top of the head, to free up the skin there.  The skin on top is then advanced and some of the high forehead skin is excised.  This will advance the hairline and shorten the forehead.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.