How much would an otoplasty cost if my ears only stick out a little bit on top? (photo)

The tip of my ears stick out and I want to get them pinned back closer to my head. I like the size and shape of my ear but I'm really self-conscious about how much they stick out.

How much would an otoplasty cost

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. Best wishes.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Cost of an otoplasty for mild protrusion

Even though the ears only mildly protrude, the procedure is still the same and requires an otoplasty. The cost for cosmetic surgery such as an otoplasty is driven by 3 factors. These are surgeons fee, operating room fee,  and anesthesia fee ( if necessary). Most adults undergo an otoplasty under local anesthesia. Please see the link below to our price list and  otoplasty photo gallery

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104 ears only stick out a little bit on top

The upper part of the ear can be easily changed, using the stitch method. The rest of the ear will not change with this method. 

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Marktstätte 11

Otoplasty cost

Thanks for this question. Cost will depend on the facility fee, anesthesia fee and surgeon's fee. Even if just a small procedure is needed the other costs may play a role. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can assess and make recommendations. Good luck

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

5010 E. Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Prominent ear

You have a mild protrusion of the upper helical rim of both ears.
The approach is nearly the same and a pin back of the upper part of the ear is possible, but need to watch what changes to the rest of the ear occur when that is done and look at it carefully during surgery.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218