Treatment for Minimizing Mallar Bags?

I am 49 years old and am often thought to be much younger. Yet, I have malar mounds under my eyes on each cheek that make me very self conscious.

When I was younger, they were almost flat (but still noticeable). As I age, they become more prominent. I am African American and have had keloids before also. Is there any treatment, surgery, cream out there for me to make the bags less noticeable? Thanks

Malar Bags

+1

Malar bags are a very challenging problem for plastic and facial plastic surgeons. i have tried many techniques over the past 30 years. In most cases, I feel a cheek lift is the best approach.

As you know African Americans are more prone to keloids, but this is more likely on the body or the ear lobes. With a cheek lift for malar bags, I make the incision in the lower eyelids.

Have an experienced surgeon examine you

+1

Hello in Virginia,

The best way to find out what options are available to you given your anatomy, goals and medical history of keloids would be to have a formal consultation with an experienced and board certified Surgeon.

There many ways to address the malar bags that you are experiencing and the best technique to use will vary from patient to patient. These treatments can range from fat pad removal to injecting fat into the surrounding areas, surgical and non-surgical approaches, etc.

A physical exam is the real key to getting the answers to your questions.

Good luck to you!

Kamran Jafri, MD