Minimizing Bruising After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

As a result of prior rhino (to correct hump on top of nose for which I had major bruising that lasted several months), my nose now curves out to the right side of my face and inward on the left. In addition, left side is more elevated than right side (causes my lips to be asymmetrical also). The side profiles are great. Possible to revise my nose and minimize bruising? Perhaps shave right side of nose and add filler on left side plus pull down the left nostril would work (feasible?) Many thanks!

Minimizing Bruising After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes you need revision operation as demonstrated in the posted photos. As for the bruising effect very hard to correct. Obtain pre op blood bleeding times, stop all blood thinners, check if this is a genetic bleeding issue. Other that that you should expect bleeding especially in revision surgery. 

Curved or crooked nose rhinoplasty

+1

The middle portion of the nose is made of bendable cartilage and is very tough to straighten. Cartilage and spreader grafts help and cause minimal bruising versus re breaking bones.

It is tough to know which approach is needed- so see a talented surgeon.

Fillers are temporary and  may not provide enough volume to help sufficiently. 

Good luck!! Whether or not you treat this is a personal decision, as you do report some improvement from first procedure. 

Revision rhinoplasty to straighten nose

+1

Dear Mehrul, 

From the photos provided, it appears that the bones are shifted to the right. Osteotomies (fractures) would need to be redone to straighten the bones. The middle third of the nose is also shifted to the right, and cartilage grafts are needed to straighten the top of the septum in this region. The tip asymmetry would need to be corrected through an open (external approach). 

An injectable filler can be injected on the left side to make it appear slightly more even, however, the nose will look a bit wider, and results will be temporary.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after revision rhinoplasty nasal surgery

+1

Dear Mehul,

• If you do not need to reset the bones of the nose, the bruising will be less, but you may still have some
  • It should not last for months though
  • We would put grafts along the left side of the nose to make it more symmetric
  • The left nostril could also be brought down with a graft

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani